Design Principles / Project 2 : Sense of Place

 18/10/2022 - 01/11/2022  / Week 8 -  Week 10

Hisham Rasheed / 0356691

Design Principles / Creative Media / Taylor's Design School


Instructions

 


Project 2 - Sense of Place

Create an artwork that shows a "sense of place" by applying one of the design principles.


Reference


fig 1: https://pin.it/4Nt6wkR



fig 2 : https://pin.it/1WV5b2f


I wanted to portray my workspace for this project, so I used my room as the workspace. These references I used these for the artwork with contrast. I feel refreshed and relaxed in my room doing my work designing or drawing and the environment around me that is the room makes me calm and think straight. So I decided to showcase it using simple and limited colors with highlights and contrast using pink as my favorite color.

Sketch 

fig 3 : Rough Sketch


Process


fig 4 : 1st Draft

3rd week's progress is not completed I have to fill up the negative space in the shelves and table using more elements.



fig 5 : Final Draft




Feedback


week 10 : I was asked to add a brief about the design on my blog and also to fill up the negative space on the shelves and walls with more elements and posters.





Reflection

Experience: this project was challenging to me because I had to portray my sense of place through a design which I find hard because there were a lot of places I find interesting and putting them all into one was difficult for me.


Observation: I tried to include limited colors which were challenging to portray the highlights and shadows in the design also tried to make it give a contrast look so I had to study what colors will go with the design very well.


Findings: I realized that I had a bit of a hard time coming up with the best composition. I think I need more practice in creating designs or illustrations in various compositions.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography / Final Compilation

Advanced Typography / Task 1 / Exercises: Typographic Systems & Type & Play

Sonic Design: Final Project