DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPGHY AND IMAGING / FINAL PROJECT

28/10/2022 - 11/11/2022 / Week 9 - Week 11

Hisham Rasheed / 0356691

Digital Photography and Imaging / Creative Media / Taylor's Design School


INSTRUCTIONS



We are to convey our personalities and identities through digital art in this project. using largely our own photos, editing them in Photoshop, and then animating the results.


RESEARCH



Fig - Visual Reference #1




Fig - Visual Reference #2



IDEA DEVELOPMENT


BIOGRAPHY: 

My name is Hisham Rasheed, I am from India but was born and raised in Kuwait. I am 20 years old and pursuing graphic designing at Taylor's University in order to work in the freelance field and not the commercial industry.


I am more of a lazy person but eventually would get the work done even though I slack a lot. Even though I am far from perfect, I am constantly striving to improve and understand more about who I am in order to become the kind of man I can truly be proud of.  

My work of art is usually either vector or simple lines but will include the pink color a lot, I like to visualize my work of art in a dreamy woozy way so that i can be really creative about it people nowadays call it abstract.


WORK STATEMENT: 

In my work, I decided to go on a very simple design with more of an emphasize on the work.

I used an old picture of me to work on in which I am just lazy chilling on the couch with a camera in my hand with the sky showing behind me through the window. and a text showing teen spirit. The color used is mainly light and dark tones of blue with pink as in for the sky. I tried looking more of a retro style.


Fig   Original Picture

This picture was used as the whole reference is a picture of me I took a year ago.


Fig  Process 1

I isolated myself from the picture and added a fabric cloth texture.

Fig  Process 2

I illustrated the background from the original picture.

Fig  Process 3

I added a text saying 'Teen Spirit' to the design.


FINAL POSTER


Fig Final Poster

FINAL ANIMATION



Fig  Process 1

I animated the background separate from the subject and the sky, added small movements like floating pillows and moving curtain drapes, and grouped the whole animated layer into one so that I can add a camera movement scaling down from the sky through the window to the main couch with the subject and the font.


Fig  Process 2


I animated the Sky separately giving the sky wavy movement to make it look woozy.



Fig  Process 3

Process 3 shows the final grouping and animated poster and the separation of the sky and main layer.



Fig- Animation


I used a music track which I will provide the link down below and also sound effects for various motions like wiggling, scaling out, etc.


                         Oh Klahoma by Jack Stauber


FINAL PROJECT


Fig- Final poster


Fig - Final Animation



REFLECTION

After effects were tricky to get hold of but I had a very small previous experience with premiere pro so it was really helpful for me to work with the keyframes. The Camera part was my favorite as in how I could create my own studio setup through layers and play with a fake camera. Poster designing was a bit tricky as well since I didn't have a clear idea of how to animate a poster and make it look good. Overall really had a great experience working with adobe Ae.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography / Final Compilation

Advanced Typography / Task 1 / Exercises: Typographic Systems & Type & Play

Sonic Design: Final Project